Naxxar is a village located in the Northern region of Malta and has a population of 13,443 people in an area of 11.6km² bordering Gharghur, Iklin, Lija, Mosta, Pembroke and St Paul’s Bay. Village life has managed to survive, with the vegetable truck on the corner serving people on the streets and old men sat on benches gossiping. The people from Naxxar are known for hospitality and always make outsiders feel welcome.
The parish church is dedicated to Our Lady of Victories and was built between 1616 and 1630. Just around the church, as you would expect to find in such a village, there are a number of clubs for youths, brass bands, sports and political. The feast of Our Lady is celebrated on the 8th September and is very popular attracting large numbers of villagers and tourists.
One Notable residence in Naxxar is Palazzo Parisio. It was built by the Grandmaster Manoel de Vilhena in the 18th century and used by the Jesuit community as a university. The property along with more land behind it was then bought by Marquis Scicluna in 1898 and turned it into its present state. It is now used for weddings by the upper class.
Naxxar is made up of all kinds of properties to suit all budgets from large villas in the upmarket San Pawl tat-Targa area, blocks of apartments and terraced houses.
Estate Agents In Naxxar